The PEARL Network welcomes interested dentists to join our network.
The ideal profile of a Practitioner-Investigator:
- graduated from dental school 5 or more years ago
- are the owner or co-owner of your practice
- or work in community based dental health centers or other organization providing dental care services
- where the board of directors and/or non-profit director supports practice based dental research
- where the organizational mission is in line with activities for improving the quality of oral health care through practice based dental research
- have practiced at least 5 years in the same location;
- employ a full-time receptionist or office manager; and
- have an office with a well-organized recall system and internet access.
PEARL Practitioner-Investigators have several responsibilities and enjoy several benefits that are described in the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on the "About PEARL" page. Many of these responsibilities are also benefits, such as the training in the conduct of clinical studies that is provided to PEARL members and their key personnel.
Before you apply we encourage you to review the FAQs and the descriptions of PEARL research on the PEARL Studies page. To apply for PEARL membership, click on the following link and complete the Interest Form. Click on the "Submit" button after you have completed the form; a PEARL administrator will contact you within a few days with instructions on the enrollment process.